This dish is perfect for a sunday morning brunch or a weeknight dinner, and it can be stored in the fridge to warm up for a snack. It can be made with spinach, asparagus, bacon, mushrooms, and so much more. The perfect excuse to use up any ingredients you have excess of in your fridge or pantry! It looks fancy and takes such minimal work — My favourite kind of recipe. Happy cooking friends. xo
2 large eggs
1/2 c. Unsweetened almond milk
1 c. Spinach, chopped (or frozen + drained)
1/2 c. Mushrooms, sliced
3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. feta cheese
To taste Salt & pepper
2) Sauté mushrooms and garlic in a bit of oil until moisture has evaporated.
3) Fill the bottom of the pie plate with spinach. Then layer cheese, bacon, & mushrooms.
* Make sure ingredients are as dry as possible.
4) Whisk together eggs, milk, salt & pepper until frothy. Pour into the pie plate over ingredients.
* Sprinkle more cheese on top.
5) Bake for 40-50 minutes until slightly browned on top and middle is cooked through.
Let sit for 15 minutes and serve!